steps to download Android apps from the Play Store.
steps to download Android apps from the Google Play store. Here we will learn the step-by-step procedure for how to download Android apps from the Google Play Store. Before that lets have a clear idea about what the Google Play Store is and what the Android Market is. Then we will move to the the topic Steps to Download Android Apps from Play Store.
What is Google Play Store?
Google Play Store is an Android platform (online store maintained by Google), from which users can upload and download games, music, movies, books, magazines, TV programs, etc. In Google Play Store some applications are available for free and some are paid.
Users can directly download and install Android apps on their devices from the Play Store. So if you have an Android device, then you can browse the Google Play Store and search for your favorite applications and games, etc. Google provides an inbuilt application called ‘Play Store’ on all Android devices. So users can browse and download Android apps from the Play Store. If your Android device does not have the default inbuilt Play Store or Android Market app, then also you can also install it on your device.
What is Android Market?
Now we must have heard about Android Market, you might have some confusion in your mind. Let be clear. Google Play store is formerly known as the Android Market. So you can say old wine in new bottle. Inside structure of both services are the same, Just Google changed their service name from Android Market to Google Play Store.
Difference between Google Play Store and Android Market
So the name is the only basic difference. On the month of 6th March 2012, Google merged Android Market and Google Music and then the service was renamed to Google Play to coincide with the re-branding of Google’s digital distribution strategy.
How to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store or Android Market
It is very easy to download Android apps from Google Play Store. You can download games, music, movies, books, magazines, TV programs etc from the Play Store. First we will discuss step-by-step details about how to download apps from Google Play Store. Then we will discuss how to upload your own android apps into the Google Play Store in a separate article.
1. Google Account (Any account in Google. Like: Gmail Account, Google Plus, YouTube Etc)
2. Android Device.
3. Internet Connection
4. Play Store App installed in your Device.
Steps to Download Android Apps from Play Store
1. First Check your internet connection in your Android device. You can open a browser and check the connection.
2. Enable the background data option on your device. Go to “Applications->Settings->Accounts and sync ->Background data”. Then enable the check box. Note: The path might be different in your Android device.
3. Open the ‘Play Store’ application from your device. Goto ‘Applications-> Play Store in your Android device then open the Play Store app.
Note 1: If the Play Store app is not available on your device, then search for Android Market app and open it. Also if your Play Store app is outdated, then you will get a popup to like ‘Upgrading Android app to Play Store, while opening the app. So please upgrade your Play Store or Android Market app if it asks for it. If the related application is available in your device, then download Play Store from the web using a web browser.
Note 2: You might face an internet connection issue during this step even if your internet connection is working fine. In this case, you have another alternative. First, log in to any Google account using any web browser. You can log in to your Gmail account or log in to Gtalk. Then open the Play Store app. It will automatically log in for you.
4. Login into Play Store using your Google Account (You can use any Google account. Like you can use your Gmail account ).
Note 1: As we discussed in the above step. You might face internet connection issues during this step even if your internet connection is working fine. In this case, you can have another alternative. First Login into any Google Account using any web browser. You can log in to your Gmail account or Login into Gtalk. Then open the Play Store app. It will automatically log in for you.
Note: One of the best ways is: First Login in to the Gtalk application, then open the the Play Store application for downloading android apps from Google Play Store.
5. Now you need to search for your favorite games, apps, etc to download into the device. Go to the right corner of the Play Store Page. Then you will find a search icon. Click on that search icon, then you will find an EditBox option for typing the name of the application you want to install or download from the Play Store. Once you start typing, you will be getting keyword suggestions related to that application. Then Click on the application you want to install or download.
Note: You can install free or paid Android applications, However first try to download a free Android application to your device.
6. Once you clicked on the application, you will find the application screen with an option button called “Install”. Click on the Install button.
7. On that page you will find an option button called “Accept & download”. click on the ‘Accept & download button.
8. That’s it. This is the final step to Download Android Apps from Google Play Store. Your application will automatically download into your device and you can see the progress in the notification bar. Once your download is complete, you can find the installed app in your applications list.
9. Then open the application and enjoy.
Issues While Downloading Apps from Google Play Store
1. Error- package file is invalid while download apps from Play Store
You might experience the above issue while downloading Android apps from Google Play Store.
In this case, you can search for some solutions on the web, I was also getting the same error sometime back, but I did a hard reset of my phone and it worked fine for me. Please note that: If you will hard reset your phone then make sure to take a backup of your data, Otherwise you will lose your data permanently. But you can find some alternative solutions for it. One request for you, if you will find any easy solution for this issue, then please mention the same in the comments area below the post.
2. Error- Downloading Android Apps from Play Store
In this case please check the internet connection, if it is working in your device. Then try again.
3. Error-No Connection Retry while downloading the Android App from the Play Store.
In this case also, please check the internet connection, if it is working in your device. Then try again.
Also, you can try the below steps:
- Goto Menu -> Manage applications
- Then click on All Tab.
- Select the Google Play store application, and tap Clear Data to clear the cache.
- Then, select Download Manager and tap Clear data and Clear cache.
I hope this small tutorial on how to download Android Apps from Google Play Store will help at its best.
Future Update: I will write an article on how to upload Android apps into the Google Play Store very soon.
These are the steps to download Android apps from the Play Store.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM TWITTER